Should you take the plunge and move all your furniture and belongings to Ealing by yourself or should you look to hire reliable movers?
There is a lot to be said for doing a move by yourself but if you want a more hassle free experience on what will already be a stressful day then look to hire some reliable and experienced movers for the day.
Hiring movers will allow you to take more control over moving day and ensure that you are on top of what is happening.
Firstly you should decide what type of service you want from the moving company. Do you want them to come in package up your belongings as well as move it or do you want them only to do the moving? Your personal circumstances will have a bearing on your decision; you may not be in a position to do the packing yourself or you may not like the idea of someone else packing up your personal items.
Once you have decided on the service you require then you should shop around for a few quotes, also ask friends and family if they have anyone they can recommend. You want make sure you get a good price but you also want to ensure you are hiring someone who knows what they are doing and won’t let you down.
As the day of your move approaches start making a list of the things that you need to do, for example:
• Clear out the things you no longer need or are broken. You can donate a vast array or items to charity shops or you could sell items that have more value. Things that are broken can be taken to the dump or put in for recycling. This will give you a clean slate when it comes to the packing for the move.
• Inform your utility providers, insurance companies, TV licence and employers that you are moving and put a reminder in your phone or on a calendar to take meter readings the day or your move.
• If you have pets make provision for them on the day, if possible have a friend or relative look after them so they do not frightened or in the way.
• Make a list of things that you need for the day of the move that you can pack on the morning of the move. This could be items like a kettle, cups, spoons, sugar, coffee, tea bags, biscuits, milk, toilet roll, a hand towel, any medication you require for the day.
• Find a restaurant, cafe or take away nearby that you could use for lunch and/or dinner
On the day of the move you can then focus on the task at hand of moving to your new home. The movers will come at an agreed time and start the process of moving your belongings, packing everything into their van or lorry. Once at your new home you can then start the process of unpacking one room at a time.
You could try and handle a move yourself but if you think of all the things you need to do out with the moving day itself would it not be easier to hire a reliable moving company Ealing to ensure you get an experienced team of people to help you with your Ealing move.